TRUSS YARD SEEKING BUILDERS & SAWYERS
Alliance Truss – Surprise, AZ
Truss Plant opening 08/01/2019 in Surprise is looking to fill the following positions:
- Forklift Operators
We are looking for 10 – 15 employees who want to join a team of others working in a construction based environment. These positions are a hands-on, fast-paced job that requires attention to detail and the ability to meet daily goals. We are looking for individuals with an outgoing attitude that are willing to learn.
The plant operated with safety as a priority and these positions are designated as Safety-Sensitive. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform employment substance abuse testing.
Starting pay $15-20+ depending on experience and position.
Hiring for two shifts:
- 1st 4am -12:30pm
- 2nd 1pm – 9:30pm
OT will be offered.
Come by 13350 W. Foxfire Dr, Surprise to apply in person and interview.
- Work with hand/power tools.
- Work for a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Available for daily overtime. Saturday’s are optional.
- Physical tasks include repetitive bending, kneeling, and moving up and down on platforms.
- You need to be able to use and read a tape measure.
- Operate equipment with a strong sense of responsibility and safety.
- Wear Required Safety Personal Protective Equipment, i.e., safety glasses.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Sets up and operates saw machine.
- Reads job order for specifications, such as material, type, and size of stock, and dimensions to be cut.
- Assures compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, state and local codes, OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrate thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Maintains equipment and ensures the work area is clean and safe at all times.
- Have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Knowledge of equipment, materials, tape measure, methods, and techniques used in safe band saw operation.
- Effectively and safely operate a variety of assigned tools and equipment.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions; communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb stairs, and move equipment as needed.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking outside.
- Previous lumber/building construction experience preferred but NOT required.
What we offer:
We reward our employees through competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Benefits available: Healthcare coverage for Employees/Dependents • Life Insurance • Vision Coverage • 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match • Vacation / Sick
Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates.
As an equal employment opportunity company, we value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights, and values, and what they bring to the workplace.