Immediate openings for Experienced Lumber Yard Workers & Forklift Operators.
(Glendale, Arizona location)
The positions in our yard offer an opportunity for you to join a long-established company in the valley. Our yard workers play a vital role in maintaining the location’s operations by pulling lumber, load and unload lumber, packaging lumber for shipment, customer service, and more.
Safety is a priority, and employees are required to abide by established safety rules.
General Labor Responsibilities:
- Work for a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Operate equipment with a high sense of responsibility.
- Be able and willing to learn.
- Possess good communication skills and work well in a team setting.
- Demonstrate thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Forklift Operator Job Duties:
- Operate a forklift to move material through the facility as required.
- Provide materials and components to the picking line by physically moving them from stock points along the line, off trailers, and other storage areas.
- Actively communicate with supervisors and operators to efficiently handle the material also, notify them of problems/concerns.
- Use tools such as hammers and crowbars to remove strapping, open crates, strap cars.
- Work as a team when shipping and receiving rail cars and trailers
- Stacks skids or pallets in designated areas. Clean up and dispose of scrap bracing, cardboard, and strapping and place in proper containers or designated areas.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure that all company safety procedures are followed to include OSHA compliance guidelines.
- Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb stairs and move equipment as needed
- Team player and highly self-motivated individual
- Must have lumber/building construction experience
- Must be able to pass Drug Test as it is safety sensitive position
We are hiring people who have a desire to make a difference and thrive in a team environment. You’ll find a variety of benefits plans and options to meet your individual needs. Benefits available for eligible employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance for Employees /Dependents
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Vacation / Sick & Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
As an equal employment opportunity company, we value the diversity of individuals, ideas, perspectives, insights, and values and what they bring to the workplace. Applications are welcome from all qualified candidates.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform employment substance abuse testing.
Apply Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Alliance Lumber, 6770 W. Northern Ave., Glendale, AZ, or email your resume.
Job Type: Full-time